Commitments are done once each season. This is where the team coach will request the division they would like to have their team placed, the blackout dates needed and whether or not coach integration is needed.
Blackout dates allow a coach to block dates where they do not want the league to schedule them games. This is typically done so teams can attend planned tournaments or if the coach or players have other obligations they need to schedule around. WMYSA allows teams to request four blackout dates in the fall season and two blackout dates in the spring season. However, once submitted, dates may be changed up until the Team commitment due date. Instruction Link.
Coach integration is where a head coach who is coaching more than one team would like WMYSA to try and avoid overlapping games form their teams. This way the coach can try minimize the number of potential game conflicts they will have. Fees for coach integration increase incrementally. For two teams schedules to be integrated the fee is $75. for three teams it is $150 and for four teams the fee is $300. It should be noted integration is not guaranteed. The fee simply covers the time spent to try and accommodate the request. While we typically accommodate about 90% of requests, with coaches coaching multiple teams and teams selecting different blackout dates sometimes it becomes impossible for us to accommodate all requests. Since the Academy Jamborees are separate from league games, they are not part of the integration.
Deadlines ~ Fall Commitments are due July 5th 8:00 pm . Teams not submitted by the deadline run the risk of not be added to the league divisions along with a late fee.
Season Time Frames
A . Fall Season
- Season typically starts the weekend after Labor Day and runs 8 weeks.
B. Spring Season
- Season typically starts the 3rd weekend in April and ends the 2nd weekend in June.
- WMYSA does not schedule games during Memorial weekend.
- If Easter falls inside this time, WMYSA does not schedule games on Easter Sunday; however, games may be scheduled on Saturday.
- If tryouts fall on our last weekend in June, the season will be reduced to 7 weeks.
- Keep State Cup and Jr. State Cup dates in mind for your blackout dates. These are considered part of your blackout ~ tournament dates you need off.
It is important teams work with the club registrar during the commitment process. WMYSA utilizes these commitments in order to establish division alignments and ultimately scheduling. Commitments received late are subject to a $100 fine. Additionally, based on the time frame the late commitment is received, there is no guarantee WMYSA will be able to fit teams into the schedules. WMYSA will work with club registrars if the number of teams recorded on the Club Affiliation Agreement does not match the number actually received.
Team commitment reminders.
Please keep the following information in mind when completing your online team commitment.
- Use your GotSport account to log in.
- The Review & Update Information page opens. This should be a REVIEW only. If the club name or team name are not correct, please contact your Club Registrar or President to have them update/correct the information at the club level.
Event Registration Commitment Reminders
- To be placed into the current season, you MUST meet the minimum roster requirement policy.
- Primary Home Team Field: Which complex location is this team playing?
- Head Coach integration is for coaches who are the head coach for multiple teams within WMYSA. If a team is in an Elite Division with Self Scheduling, then they are not part of the integration process.
- Age Division of Play – this is the Division level you want to play – not necessarily the roster age of the team; however, please remember WMYSA looks at the players league age compared to the division they will be playing in. For players under the age of fourteen, WMYSA does not allow three year play-ups. Elite is the top interleague level of play for teams U12 and older. The C division is rarely used, but signifies the team wants to be in the lowest division possible.
- If your team needs a blackout date for any reason, this would be “Yes.” Reasons to think about needing blackout dates: tournament, school events (track meets, prom, graduation), church events (confirmation, 1st communion) where a significant number of players on the team would not be able to come on the particular date. No matter what division you are requesting, you should enter blackout dates. Although Elite is self-scheduled, Elite is never guaranteed.
- Schedule Requests – for blackout dates, you need to click on the date. It will come up with red lines across the date to indicate the team cannot participate in any WMYSA games on this date
- Contact Information – should have the coach information and contact person information already populated. Please update any information to make sure WMYSA and opponents have a way to make contact with the team.
- Application Agreement – check box indicating you agree the team is forming and planning to play this current season, if the team drops there can be WMYSA sanctions and fines.
- Submit Application – once you click on the Submit button, you have completed the Commitment process which includes the Division Placement
Once you have completed the Team Commitment Application in GotSport, you cannot change your answers. If you need an answer changed, you will need to contact the WMYSA Scheduler. (Dana Pope). The only exception is that you may go into your team and make changes to the blackout dates until the registration dates closes on July 5th. Here are the instructions on how to go in and make changes to the requested dates for blackouts.