Team Commitments are done once each season. This is where the team coach will request the division they would like to have their team placed, the blackout dates needed and whether or not coach integration is needed.
Blackout dates allow a coach to block dates where they do not want the league to schedule them games. This is typically done so teams can attend planned tournaments or if the coach or players have other obligations they need to schedule around. WMYSA allows teams to request four blackout dates in the fall season and two blackout dates in the spring season. However, once submitted, dates may be changed up until the Team commitment due date. Instruction Link.
Coach integration is where a head coach who is coaching more than one team would like WMYSA to try and avoid overlapping games form their teams. This way the coach can try minimize the number of potential game conflicts they will have. Fees for coach integration increase incrementally. For two teams schedules to be integrated the fee is $75. for three teams it is $150 and for four teams the fee is $300. It should be noted integration is not guaranteed. The fee simply covers the time spent to try and accommodate the request. While we typically accommodate about 90% of requests, with coaches coaching multiple teams and teams selecting different blackout dates sometimes it becomes impossible for us to accommodate all requests. Since the Academy Jamborees are separate from league games, they are not part of the integration.
Deadlines ~ Fall Commitments are due July 1st @ 8:00 pm and Spring Commitments are due by January 1st @ 8:00 pm. Teams not submitted by the deadline run the risk of not be added to the league divisions along with a late fee.
Season Time Frames
A . Fall Season
- Season typically starts the weekend after Labor Day and runs 8 weeks.
B. Spring Season
- Season typically starts the 3rd weekend in April and ends the 2nd weekend in June.
- WMYSA does not schedule games during Memorial weekend.
- If Easter falls inside this time, WMYSA does not schedule games on Easter Sunday; however, games may be scheduled on Saturday.
- If tryouts fall on our last weekend in June, the season will be reduced to 7 weeks.
- Keep State Cup and Jr. State Cup dates in mind for your blackout dates. These are considered part of your blackout ~ tournament dates you need off.
It is important teams work with the club registrar during the commitment process. WMYSA utilizes these commitments in order to establish division alignments and ultimately scheduling. Commitments received late are subject to a $100 fine. Additionally, based on the time frame the late commitment is received, there is no guarantee WMYSA will be able to fit teams into the schedules. WMYSA will work with club registrars if the number of teams recorded on the Club Affiliation Agreement does not match the number actually received.
Steps to Complete the Team Commitment
The 2023 Spring Team Commitment Application is now ready and open for teams to complete. This includes Academy, WMYSA Select & Elite Divisions. Here is the direct link to complete the Event Registration for the Team Commitment:
The Commitment Application must be submitted no later than January 1st, 8:00 pm for the 2023 Spring Season. The Commitment Application includes your home venue field location, Age of Division, Level of Play, Head Coach Integration, and up to 2 Blackout Dates.
- The application is done using the link above
- Use your GotSport account
- The Team Name should be exactly as the club has it listed
- Information for you and the team are the first pages to open. This should be a REVIEW only. If the club name or team name are not correct, please contact your registrar to check on the official name.
- Event Registration Commitment Information:
a. To be placed into the spring season, you MUST meet the minimum roster requirement policy.
b. Primary Home Team Field/Venue: (location of where you play home games)
c. Age Division of Play – this is the Division level you want to play – not necessarily the roster age of the team.
d. Level of Play – this lists all potential division levels:
i. Elite is for U12 and older
ii. Level: A is top level and C is rarely used, but signifies the team wants to play in the lowest division possible.
iii. Academy is our 7U & 8U ages. They do not pick blackout dates since this is a Sunday afternoon jamboree set up by the league (4 dates).
e. Head Coach Integration is for coaches who are the head coach for multiple teams within WMYSA. If a team is in an Elite Division with Self Scheduling, then they are not part of the integration process; however, since Elite is not a guarantee if you do have multiple teams and do want integration be sure to indicate yes even for those requests. The Academy Program coaches cannot be integrated as part of the scheduling since they are managed separately from the game scheduling.
f. If you answered with a number of teams for integration, list the full team names of which teams you are the head coach.
g. If your team (whether requesting Elite or Select) needs a blackout date for any reason, this would be “Yes.” Reasons to think about needing blackout dates: tournament, school events (track meets, prom, graduation), church events (confirmation, 1st communion) where a significant number of players on the team would not be able to come on the particular date. Limit will be 2 for the Spring season to request.
h. Comments: If there is any specific information needed to support placement, please put it here.
6. Schedule Requests – for blackout dates, click in the Exclude Date box. It will pop up a calendar. Make sure you update the year to 2023 as well as the month and date. If you plan to use a second date, click on the Add Additional Date link. Type the date in the empty box using the same format as the first Exclude Date (mm/dd/yyyy). Reminder: WMYSA will not schedule games over Memorial Weekend, May 27/28th.
7. The TEAM COMMITMENT page makes you then mark your team as Select if you are playing U9 – U19 or Recreational if you are an Academy team.
8. The Gotsport Payment Terms page should show there are no payments and be sure to click the Yes, I agree box and then the blue Register box.
9. The system will then take you to a summary page. It should show you have no balance.
10. You should go to your profile page, back to the Team Management and check the Registration for the team. The event will show as WMYSA 2023 Spring Schedule.
- Click on the event name
- Pop up screen will give you the information. The Registration link will show your answers. If you need to change an answer, click on the Edit button to make those changes
- Click on the Scheduling Requests to verify the blackout dates are showing correctly. Use the Left side to click on the months with number of days to get to specific dates. It will go to the month view where you will see a blue blackout box on the dates you blacked out. If you need to edit, at the top of the page is a Registration Form Answers button. Click on it and it will allow you to remove and add new dates.